[Throwback February]
It was Saturday, so I took the opportunity to venture the town for some food. I didn’t have mobile data on my phone, so I simply walked around to see what caught my interest along the way. I had done a bit of research earlier at the hotel using their free Wi-Fi.
I stumbled upon a Chinese takeout restaurant, but none of the staff looks Chinese, more like Filipino to me. Later, a colleague at the office told me that they are Vietnamese.
There are trays of chicken, prawns, pork and beef dishes. Something similar to chapfan style, except the dishes are limited and same daily.
Not much variety but is sufficient to rotate every single day😀
It’s open from morning until around 7 or 8pm. The price depends on what you pick, a small box of fried rice or noodles starts at about USD 5, and a medium box with chicken and vegetables is around USD 10, which is pretty cheap by BVI standards.
The main street in Road Town.
[Below] Maria's By The Sea Hotel. I was supposed to stay here but it was fully booked. It is only 5 minutes' walk from the office.
Nearby the sea, there are several colorful booths, but were closed. I think these are rental retail kiosks that only operates during the peak visitor season.
Quiet and peaceful on a weekend evening.
No one around. Looks like ghost town.
Where are the people?
Nevertheless, this is a nice hangout place when the weather is cooling.
Crystal clear sea water. Well, that's how their government spent the US$10 fee imposed to every foreigner. To clean up the water and beach.
The quiet street in Road Town. It is usually busy on weekdays.
Some older buildings. Below is a police station.
I don't know who this man is...
and don't care to read the details....
The buildings here look colonial like those buildings in old KL.
[Below] a Complaints Commission...I wonder what sort of complaints do they handle?
Sir Olva George Plaza
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I walked, I discovered another Chinese restaurant. Menu as below:
The restaurant is named Lucky Star. What a lucky name.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did not dine-in there coz I have already tapao my dinner from the earlier takeout restaurant. Here's my takeout food - fried rice with 2 pieces chicken and stir-fried assorted veggies for USD10.
By default, they provided a fork, but since I look Chinese, they gave me a Chinese spoon as well😆 although I’m used to eating rice with fork😂























2 comments:
I wonder 🤔 how much a piece of deep fried mackerel fish is. It looks exactly like those in chapfan eateries here.
Thank you for the photos. No one around so is quite dangerous
Post a Comment