Friday, August 28, 2026

The Mooring's Yacht Club, British Virgin Islands

On one of the Sundays, went for a walk at a yacht club.
The Mooring Yacht Club is located right opposite the hotel. I just need to cross the road and find the entrance.
I went in through the wrong gate that is for staffs. So, one of the staff guided me to the visitor area which is just a few steps away.
Quite huge area. There are Dock A and Dock B.
[Below] Ice box where you can get some ice to keep your catches fresh.
I noticed a signboard for Charlie's. I wonder who is Charlie....
According to cgpt:
In maritime and yachting terminology, 'Charlie' is the signal flag for the letter C in the International Code of Signals.
More signboards....This place has a bar/restaurant, a pool and a mini mart.
Not far from there was a Caribbean cruise ship that sails among the region. After spending a few days in port, it sailed away, and another cruise ship arrived and docked in its place.
Crystal clear water. I think the environmental fee (USD10) charged to every visitor/foreigner is used to clean their sea water.
[Above] This is the main entrance.
[Above] The mini market. Similar to our KK mart/ 99 Speedmart that sells basic food and necessities but slightly pricey than the normal supermarket. This mini mart comes handy for people who needs to stock up on food and other essentials at the last minute before setting sail for several days at sea.

1 comment:

mun said...

All your photos got nobody except for one photo. Where are all the people?

The Mooring's Yacht Club, British Virgin Islands

On one of the Sundays, went for a walk at a yacht club. The Mooring Yacht Club is located right opposite the hotel. I just need to cross the...