Saturday, August 8, 2026

El Charro Mexicano @ Costa del Este

How frequent do you go for real Mexican food?
I hardly have one coz most of them are pricey and Mexican restaurants are quite rare in my area, unless I go to the city center or bigger malls.
But while in Panama, I stayed nearby a Mexican restaurant in the neighborhood, and it was just 10 minutes' walk away.
So, I make sure to drop by for the fajitas....
This place is quite colorful and well decorated. The food is pricey too (by Panama standard) hence this restaurant is quite empty.
I was the only customer😂
I had beef fajitas. It was served with some nachos, guacamole, and bean paste on a sizzling hot plate. There were also a small plate of tomato salsa and a super-hot red chili salsa.
A tray of corn tortilla was served separately. I think there were around 4 to 5 pieces of tortilla.
This is how you eat fajitas: place the meat and other ingredients onto the tortilla, then wrap it like a roll.
Avoid the super-hot red chili salsa—one drop is enough to kill you😂
The restaurant is located in a 2-storey complex opposite Tigo office. Tigo is a well-known mobile network provider in Panama (similar to our Maxis, DigiCelcom).
The mascot figure of the restaurant.
The bright colours of the restaurant is visible from afar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the meal, I walked back to my apartment and passed by Marea, a luxury apartment facing the sea.
Seahorse wall art. Nice!

No comments:

El Charro Mexicano @ Costa del Este

How frequent do you go for real Mexican food? I hardly have one coz most of them are pricey and Mexican restaurants are quite rare in my are...