Thursday, October 1, 2026

Menya Abura

In Japan?
Nah!
Menya Abura has been around for more than a year in the neighborhood. This was my second visit.
Ordering is done via kiosk, like in fast food restaurant. Their specialty is Abura soba which is a popular Japanese soupless ramen dish where fresh, chewy wheat noodles are tossed directly in seasoning sauce and aromatic oil.
During my first visit I had the shoyu ramen (which is not their specialty). So, this time i tried the real thing.
After stirred everything evenly, the noodles look like this. I added an ala-carte gyoza for extra protein.
Springy noodles, but tastes bland compared to our local chili pan mee😂
I know it's not apple-to-apple comparison, but I think our chili pan mee tastes better coz got minced pork. This one no minced pork.
Gyoza was just so-so, nothing to shout about.
Total bill came to RM30.80 nett

1 comment:

  1. I think in Japan for dry ramen, they have this Shichimi Togarashi (七味唐辛子) to put into the dry ramen for more taste.
    The 7 traditional ingredients that make up Shichimi Togarashi generally include a specific mix of peppers, seeds, and citrus to balance heat with aroma.

    ReplyDelete