Thursday, October 8, 2026

Pork Satay & Chicken Chop in Sunny Food Republic

Chicken chop set from Western grill in Sunny Food Republic. This is a popular item and waiting time around 20-30 minutes during the weekend evening. Generous portion for RM15.
Another popular item is the pork satay. A mix of lean meat and pork fats in each stick. Quite flavorful with the marinades. Served with peanut sauce and cilantro sauce.
Ordered 10 sticks for sharing with 5 pax.
We also had these dishes - hakka braised pork belly with yam, blanched lettuces and steamed tilapia.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back at Warakuya Japanese restaurant....
I had sushi & sashimi rice set....Too much carbs, couldn't finish the rice. Next time I should have just order the sushi ala-carte.
Konyaku served after the meal. Melon flavor, not too sweet, just right.
This place has recently been renovated and now offers more seating.

3 comments:

  1. Wah, food looks good but at night, I cannot go eat cos I close shop d.
    Cilantro sauce for pork satay, never heard this before. I wonder 🤔 how they thought of doing cilantro sauce for pork satay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, Nux! The food looks quite good! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken chop is really value for money. Wah, I want to eat pork satay! Coincidentally, ordered satay for my mum today (chicken+beef). It is interesting that the pork satay was served with satay sauce and cilantro sauce. I love cilantro and I might like the sauce. I agree that the sushi and sashimi set had too much carbs, Very bloating!

    ReplyDelete