Friday, October 12, 2018

I wasn't a junkie monster until....

Recently I looked back some of my old photos and saw the 'slimmer me'...yea...that was....ahemmmm….more than 10 years ago....
This picture was taken during an alumni gathering when everyone was still in their 'prime'...
 well, yours truly has grew wider and rounder these days, all thanks to the foodies and junkies accumulated over the past years....
Back then when I was a teenage (and early twenties), i seldom or hardly had:
 instant noodles (coz the wax coating put me off), didn't touch instant noodles for almost a decade until my early twenties
bread
cookies, biscuit
hamburgers
sweet stuffs like chocolates, candies, ice cream
hot choco drink, coffee, milk
i dun even go to canteen during school recess time....*that's kinda crazy!
fast food was limited back then, although i craved for kfc and pizza but those are not within reach, so just forget about it!
eating mostly home-cooked food and drinking only plain water, i wonder how i 'survive' back then, that's kinda military-style-diet....
So, when did i turn into a junkie monster?
after i graduated from the military school and started working
That's when i tried a lotsa junks and started to fall in love with them...
This was one of my recent junks - bought at RM3, nearby my office. See, i was eating this at my office desk!
and my dinner has become like this, coleslaw (RM7) + loaded potato bowl which comes with chicken popcorn and melted cheese (RM6.50)
and this was my supper (on another day)...some sort of value meal with a piece of fried chicken, fries and cheesy wedges + soft drink at RM10 something....
another supper (the following week) with cheesy twister, fried chicken and fries + soft drink, also about similar price at RM10 something...
yes, i still crave for kfc every now and then, not so much on burgers or pizza although i used to have them quite regularly....


7 comments:

Libby said...

I miss KFC fried chicken

Libby said...

Is the one in red stripes T shirt you?

mun said...

I was about to ask the same question as libby. Are you the one wearing the red and white stripes t shirt? Ok la from your previous recent photo you still look healthy so kfc it is for you.

PH said...

Junk food is delicious hah..hah... I am still a junkie but not as bad as when I was young.

Nux V said...

Libby: so easy to recognise me?

Mun: old photo, that was 10+ years ago...

Phong Hong: yea, I need to tone down these days too.

mun said...

I waa referring to your recent toilet selfie. Not this photo.

Twilight Man said...

I could not recognize you but had to rely on their comments. LOL

I always avoided eating instant noodles unless I had to bring few cup noodles overseas as I had phobia on the wax coating nonsense until recently when my wife showed me several reliable medical and scientific reports that pointed out no harms or wax coating claims in all the instant noodles in Malaysia. I was truly convinced and continued to buy all flavours of cup noodles. They mentioned that it was more harmful to eat fast food joints! LOL

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...