Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Bankara Ramen

First time trying Bankara. So far, Bankara has only two outlets. I went to the one in Mid Valley, which is located at 3rd floor, nearby the cinema.
Ordered a tonkotsu ramen, which is served in milky pork bone broth.
Add-on with a soft boiled egg, with nice gooey yolk....
The ramen was huge with lotsa noodles but only a thin slice of charsiu….so miserable!
The broth was way too creamy, but lacking pork bone taste.
Overall, it was just so-so, and for the price of RM27.50, I could get a better ramen elsewhere.
The green tea is refillable, but I guess it is sort of overprice at RM4.
This meal costs RM36.55 inclusive of service charge and 6% service tax.

3 comments:

mun said...

The last time I ate there in this Midvalley branch was in 2016. At that time, the milky broth was full of porky taste. I wonder whether their standard has gone downhill.

PH said...

It looks good though. My favorite ramen so far is at Menya Musashi at Isetan Eat Paradise 1 Utama.

Nux V said...

Mun: maybe it has gone downhill...

Phong Hong: mine is Menya Shi-Shi Do (which I have blogged previously)

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...