Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Sate Kajang Haji Samuri

Some time ago, we had our team lunch @ Sate Kajang Haji Samuri….that was loooong time ago....during the time when the MRT station was still under construction.
This antique carriage greeted us at the front entrance...
*real carriage but for display only
 this place is sort of like a museum of antique collections...
 anyway that's another story....we were here for the food...
The prices stated on the menu board (which might have differ by now)
 This place is a two storey building with open-air and air-cond dining areas. We choose the cooler option as it was a hot noon.
More antiques as we walked further into the restaurant
 gramophones, clothes irons, and the bottom ones I'm not too sure....(betel containers and tea sets?)
 now.....our foods...
the ketupats, peanut & chili sauces arrived first....
 the satays took quite some time....as we ordered huge amount
 beef, lamb, chicken and rabbit satays....poor rabbit....I dun meant to eat u....
well, that was our once-in-a-while satay outing...

4 comments:

mun said...

Ooooooo, how does the rabbit taste like? Like chicken? I have not eaten this famous satay before but I think there are many branches around now.

Rose world said...

I love looking at all those antiques. Interesting shop with antique and selling satay.

Been to Kajang once during my college day. I don't remember where but it is like a hacker centre. Quite a walk from the KTM station. It has been ages, bet Kajang not the same anymore.

PH said...

I have never tried the rabbit satay before. My favorite is the satay kambing.

Nux V said...

Mun: yes, taste like chicken.

Rose World: I don't always go to Kajang unless it is for makan event or visiting relatives.

Phong Hong: it's my first time trying rabbit satay.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...