Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Voila Hotel - Dinner, Day 13, 14 & 15

continuation of previous post...
 Day 13
 It was Friday, and lunch at the office cafeteria was rice with stir-fried okra, dhal and Mauritian chayote dish
back in the hotel, dinner was Thai Green Curry Chicken
 
Day 14
 I skipped lunch on Saturday coz I had heavy brunch in the morning.
Meanwhile dinner was Cuban Stewed Chicken.
My first time trying Cuban dish and it was good!
 
Day 15
Me & colleague went out to the nearby Bagatelle mall for lunch on Sunday coz I was craving for some Chinese food!
 So off we went to 'Yum Cha' restaurant.
Menu was simple with basic food choices such as chicken rice, roasted duck rice, siu mai, prawn dumpling, Chinese noodles....nothing fancy.
I ordered the set meal which consists of roasted duck rice and prawn dumplings. Rp375 (~RM44) for this set!
The rice portion is huge but presentation-wise and taste-wise still far beyond standard compared to our Chinese roasted duck rice meal. Well, can't expect much when it is prepared by their locals.
For dinner, I ordered ala carte fried stuffs as starter
and for the main meal - Curry Fish Rice
just passable only coz the gravy was slightly bitter (not sure what caused it, could be the spices~)
BON APPETIT!

4 comments:

Libby said...

The cuban dish looks good, it looks flavourful and I like flavourful food

mun said...

I like your meal with the okra and dhal best. what does the stewed chicken dish taste like - any taste that stands out? any familiar spices used?

Twilight Man said...

What a lucky girl. You have tried Cuban food while I have not. I want to find a job that sends me overseas and comp chomp so much hotel food. Your karma is so good lah.

Nux V said...

Libby: yes, it was flavorful.

Mun: strong olive taste, the rest I couldn't figure out the spices used...

Twilight Man: I wish to be tht lucky all the time. Compared to my other colleagues, I m the least travelled.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...