Friday, March 30, 2018

Voila Hotel - Dinner, Day 10 & 11

Tuesday lunch was rice with dhal, cabbage with long beans, 'the pumpkin like gourd' and tomato omelet
 Work was getting smoother and we could go 'home' early....Was so happy to be home early to catch the sunset ;-)
Such a bliss watching sunsets after work
 then, off to dinner at the hotel cafeteria downstair...Ordered mint tea and enjoyed myself stalking at the couple seated at a few tables away
 my black sauce fish arrived...yummmzzzz!
 
The following day
The following day (Wednesday) was supposed to be a Deepavali day, but here in Mauritius they celebrate it a day later. While people were enjoying curries and munching on murukku in Malaysia, I still gotta go to the office...
Anyway, the office was kinda merry too even on the eve itself. The office cafeteria played up Bollywood tunes and was creatively decorated, meanwhile most staffs wore their colorful Indian costume to work.
Even the food was nicer that day!
 a very sumptuous meal of beans, dory fish, curry chicken, roti and rice....
so filling!
 it was the best meal I had in the office cafeteria!
Even the day was brighter & sunnier
 such a jolly mood...
I got a small gift from their staff too
was delighted to receive this cute packaging with lotsa Indians sweets/cookies inside
 and since it was eve, we decided to leave the office on time!
the day was still bright when we left
 had my dinner of grilled fish again, but this time it was served with fries rather than rice.
after the meal, went SHOPPING at the next door mall!
bought some junks from Monoprix and Intermart...
Most of products sold are imported...u could find plenty of Malaysian imported snacks...China/HK beverages, Indian spices/rice and South African potatoes chips!
the goods here are slightly expensive than Malaysia...hence I dun buy much.
after an hour of shopping, go back do laundry, brew tea and had selfie
 and then unpack my goodies...
the sweet delicacies!
 and somehow after a week plus of staying in this place only I discovered that there is a bible in the closet!
It came in 3 languages - French, German and English....
 ok ler, not that I read the bible, it reminds me of the Gideon bible that I had back at home.

4 comments:

mun said...

Looks like they eat a lot of beans in the office. I would order fish too from the hotel. Lucky what you discovered is just a bible and not something creepy. Why do you have a bible at home since you don't read it?

PH said...

Aiya...see your food already, I feel hungry. LOL!

Nux V said...

Mun: haha, something 'creepy'? *touchwood! My Gideon bible was given from school chapel last time. It is now at home collecting dust.

Phong Hong: good! let's go grab some food now....

Twilight Man said...

My wife who is a staunch Tibetan Buddhist started reading some pages of the bible 2 weeks ago and startled me. She told me it was interesting.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...