Thursday, August 11, 2016

Black Canyon, IOI City Mall

 We were indecisive this time....My colleague wanted to have soupy meal meanwhile i opted for rice...hence we went to this place as it seems to be serving Asian food - well, it's Thai.
 we went searching around and passed-by a pool in IOI city....most of the eatery/restaurants were still crowded despite almost 2pm...
 we quickly grab a table and start ordering...service was darn slow due to shortage of staffs.
 the menu looks good....
 and promising....
 i ordered Set A which is RM12.90 (exclude service charges + GST). The set meal comes with a mini Tom Yum soup...
Can you guess what is this?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
it's green curry chicken rice set...
well, it doesn't look 'green' at all!
Tastewise, so-so only. I would rather order the green curry rice set from the nearby foodcourt.

4 comments:

CL (RealGunners) said...

Hmm... there is one outlet in Taman Maluri (Cheras) AEON. I quite like that place actually. I think their food better than OldTown or Siam Express those... their Thai iced tea not bad too...

mun said...

I have seen this place. There is a branch in Tropicana City Mall, not sure whether it is still there or not. I walked past it many times but did not go in. Thought it is a coffee place. Didn't know it is a Thai eatery. Since you say no good, no need to try then.

Nux V said...

RealGunners: this place can't be compared to OldTown coz it serves different range of food. Instead of white coffee, they specialize in Thai tea/coffee...I think the services varied from outlet to outlet, the one that i went was super-crowded and services was slow. But i tink the food is overall passable, though nothing to shout about.

Mun: it is a coffee + eatery (something like OldTown, but it's Thai). My comment here is based on personal taste plus what i encountered at that outlet (on that particular day) might not apply to others. I tink the quality (food/services) do varied, so dun be totally 'shut' on them :-)

Twilight Man said...

My late mother is a Thai and she found the food served at Black Canyon @ Centrepoint to be very good and tasty. I still frequent this outlet and my friend who often ate at Black Canyon in Cheras joined me. He told me that it was better at Centrepoint! Now it made me realise all the different outlets have individual chefs, so no 2 outlets are the same standard. I ate at Black Canyon in Phuket and it was fabulously Thai with spiciness that made my throat spat out FIRE!!! Wakakakaka

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...