Friday, June 26, 2015

Office Teatime - Apam Balik

Many years back, I used to have "apam balik" whenever we got back from Pasar Malam. It was kinda cheap back then & my mum never fail to buy them for us. I dislike it coz of its texture, chewy but too filling due to the flour & peanuts...After a few bites, I got bored with the taste & I dun understand why people could eat such thing as snack.
Time passes and I started to slowly 'accept' this snack. I still prefer the crisp version, not this kinda spongy and thick 'apam balik'....
 Nowadays, they are quite a number of improvised version, I prefer those with corns and lotsa peanuts. Some stall even have strawberry + choc flavour, cheese, and whatsoever combination that you could think of...
This childhood snack came to my attention again when it was served in the office during the teatime...The office admin bought loads of it from a nearby stall and was still warm.
It was so aromatic (jst fresh out from the stove) and tempted me to grab one to munch!

5 comments:

Small Kucing said...

i didnt really like the apam balik too. but i like the one thinner type

mun said...

I prefer the thick one to the crispy ones because the crispy ones cut my mouth. Guess you don't like to eat starchy doughy food since you did not like the thick ones.

How come your office admin is so nice - to buy these as snacks for tea time. Do you have to pay her? or is it paid by your company?

RealGunners said...

No strawberry or chocolate for me, I prefer the original peanuts and corn ones. Like you, I also prefer the crispy ones, although it is always a mess when eating that. :D

Princess Ribbon said...

I love this.. I call this bangchang kuih, yummzz !! With extra corn and peanuts..

Twilight Man said...

I love them with more peanuts and sugar!

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...