Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Foolin' Around

It has been more than a year since I last had my real “holiday”…I mean being carefree from responsibilities and workload!
The 4th quarter of 2010 till the entire year 2011 has been very hectic and dynamic as I worked so ‘hard’ to adapt to the fast changing environment, but not enjoying my life well enuff. Thankfully my boss is so darn good to let me “OFF” (of course by utilizing my annual leave!). Hence I can go foolin’ around…
After my Vietnam assignment, I was like….having my next “honeymoon”…i had a great time "holiday-ing"!
Despite living in the city, i hardly stop-by to enjoy the every corner of it...and this was the very few opportunities that i have to loiter around the city...



Not oni that, i m pleased with accomplishing my wish-list:
1.    Do my shopping like there is no tomoro. I conquered the major malls in KL and PJ, enjoying the Christmas deco….such a wonderful life when my colleagues were still battling with ‘work war’ in the office!
2.     Attended my nephew full moon feast.
3.     Attended my cousin bro wedding.
4.     Attended my schoolmates wedding, yeah, they married each other! Oh so nice to wed your high skool sweetheart!
5.     Went to service my car.
6.     Went for annual dinner.
7.     Had numerous birthday feasts with families & colleagues!
8.     Get a haircut.
9.      Polished my nails.
10.   Got myself a ring, nope not a wedding ring!
11.   Got myself a handbag, after years of using the old one!
12.   Do some banking and recalculate my worth...
13.  Stroll around Petaling Street, too bad it has changed so much that I dun feel like being in the Chinatown.
14.   Went back to my Form 6 school, after leaving school for 10 years!
15.  Went to Cheras Leisure Mall…yeapz u read it rite! I m so longing to go to this lil’ mall when there are plenty of bigger malls out there…Anyhow, is good to be there again after 15 years!
16.  Claimed my free movie ticket and watched “Puss the Boots”..i fell asleep in the cinema...and I dun manage to watch the ending...too bad!
17.   Taken my jab, finally!
18.  Went for my ex-colleague seminar…first time seeing him speaking on stage after knowing him for more than half decade. And now he is speaking @ Microsoft event!
19.   And I managed to drop by my old office using his access card….nostalgic visit in the evening!
20.   Bought myself a book!
21.  Strolled around the neighbourhood shopping district for clothes but found nothing special, nevertheless was glad that I finally hav ventured that area after 1.5 year of longing to do so!
22.  Tried a variety of foods that I longed for months…nasi lemak, assam laksa, curry noodle,  chicken chop, big mac, prosperity burger,  fish head noodle, wanton noodle…I gained so much weight now!
23.   Camwhore in the fitting room!
There was just so much leisure during the entire month of December that I felt like having a whole-month holiday! Finally, I have accomplished some of my long awaited wish…Alrite, is time to get back to work!

No comments:

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...