Sunday, January 13, 2008

NO!!! Don't drag me away!

With the recent abduction of Sharlinie, I couldn’t help but feels sorry for her family. Seems like human never learn from mistake…well, I m not blaming on her parents, but somehow kids shouldn’t be left unattended especially at public. This place isn’t as safe as before, and is even more dangerous when the culprit is still lurking around.

Well, this abduction case got me reminiscent of an incident that happened to me some 20 years ago. Not that I was being abducted, but instead being mistaken for someone else…

When I was a kid, I used to follow my mum for grocery shopping. Normally I stood at one corner like an idiot while waiting for my mum to pick her veggies.

There was once, while I was standing at somewhere nearby a frozen food compartment, a lady suddenly grabbed my little arm and said “boy, come, let’s go!”

I was in a huge shock, as I’m not her ‘boy’. She tried to pull harder without even looking at me!
Meanwhile, I was just too scare coz tis lady is darn fierce and I dun dare to even shout.

She was getting angry but when she turned around, her face turned red when seeing me.
I guess she was ashamed of her mistake. She quickly apologized and then turned away to look for her son.

I felt relieved coz I'm freed! But well, after that incident, I dun dare to stand far from mum. If that lady is a bad fella, I could be easily dragged away without being noticed.
You see, kids are just too easily to be taken away!

12 comments:

Chee Ching said...

Wow, that's scary.
I hope she doesn't become like Nurin. =/

Chee Hoe said...

They should never be allowed to leave their parents sight to be honest.

Anya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anya said...

hope that they find her soon and parents should have been more careful... the baddies now have no feelings nor humanity already

xniquet said...

ok..budak kecik macam nux m mesti berjaga jaga bila keluar okie?

kthanxbai

Anonymous said...

i almost got lost in a supermarket before last time...

Was attracted to the toys on display.Kept staring at them until i didnt realise my mum wasnt beside me anymore.I panicked but i did find my mum about 15 seconds later but 15 seconds is enough to scare the crap out of me.i was only 4 or 5

Anonymous said...

Luckily, you didn't get abducted back then! If not, how on earth that I be able to read your blog now.

Anonymous said...

yalah, ppl nowadays they just left their kids run as they like. Nvr pay attention to them, there's one family near my friend's house, they just let their 3 - 4 years old son simply walk around the roads, twice i nearly bang him when i was driving away from my friend's house, he suddenly ran out from no where!!

carmenata said...

funny how some people don't ever look and just leapt to conclusions of sorts, not only in cases like yours but as well as others.

baggie said...

kesian these kids....... parents never jaga properly...

Anonymous said...

Pray for her. :)

Samuel Goh Kim Eng said...

We all know the prevention is better than cure
Let's put this into practice even if we know for sure
Our child is worth much more than any earthly treasure
Keeping our child safe is indeed a great worthy pleasure

(C) Samuel Goh Kim Eng - 160108
http://MotivatinInMotion.blogspot.com
Wed. 16th Jan. 2008.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...